Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Mahalakshmi

Kolhapur Mahalakshmi
Prayer To Mother Lakshmi
Om Lakshmi Karotu kalyaanam Aarogyam Sukh Sampadaam
Mam Shatru Vinashaaya Deep Jyotir Namostutay
O Lakshmi Maa, You are the source of true happiness, the remover of all forms of illnesses and the bestower of prosperity. Please help me to rid myself of all internal enemies. We bow to this Light which is symbolic of Your presence.
Gayatri Mantra
Om Bhur Bhuvah Swah, Tat Savitur Varenyam
Bhargo Devasya Dhimahi, Dhiyo Yo Nah Prachodayat
We meditate upon the auspicious Godly Light of the Lord Sun (Savitur); may that heavenly light illumine our thoughts and flow in our intellect.
Universal Peace Prayer
Uddhared Atmanatmanam, Natmanam Avasadayet Atmaiva Hy Atmano Bandhur, Atmaiva Ripur Atmanah
Let a man raise himself by his own self; let him not debase himself. For he is himself his friend, as himself his foe. (Bhagavad Gita Ch.6, Vs.5)
Om Sarvesham Swasti Bhavatu, Sarvesham Shantir Bhavatu Sarvesham Purnam Bhavatu, Sarvesham Mangalam Bhavatu
May auspiciousness be unto all; May peace be unto all; May fullness be unto all; May prosperity be unto all.
Om Sarve Bhavantu Sukhinah, Sarve Santu Niramayah Sarve Bhadrani Pashyantu, Ma Kaschid-Duhkha-Bhagvate
May all be happy; May all be free from disabilities; May all behold what is auspicious; May none suffer from sorrow.
Om Asato Ma Sadgamaya, Tamaso Ma Jyotir-Gamaya Mrityor-Ma Amritam Gamaya, Om Shantih Shantih Shantih.
Lead me from the unreal to the Real; Lead me from darkness to the Light; Lead me from mortality to Immortality. Sacred peace (from within - the self), peace (from around the self - environment), peace( from beyond the self - the universe).
Closing Prayer
Shaantaa Kaaram Bhujaga Shyanam; Padma Naabham Suresham; Vishwaa Dhaaram Gagana Sadrisham; Megha Varnam Shubhaangam.
Lakshmi Kaantham Kamala Nayanam; Yogi Bhir Dhyaana Gamyam; Vande Vishnum Bhowa Bhaya Haram; Sarva Lokai Kanaatham.
O’ Vishnu, You are the embodiment of peace. You are as vast as the sky; You are the Sustainer of the Universe. You are the Lord of all the Devas. You are wealth and beauty. I bow to You, O’Lord who is meditated upon by yogis and eradicates the fear of Samsaara. You are the consort of Lakshmi; O’ Lord Vishnu, fill my heart with love and devotion for you; I offer myself to you, guide me to enlightenment.
Om Poorna Madah Poorna Midam; Poornaat Poorna Mudachyate; Poornasya Poornamaadaaya; Poorna Mevaa Vashish Yate.
That (Brahman) Is Whole, This (Creation) Is Also Whole; From That Whole (Brahman), This Whole (Creation) Has Come Out; But Even Though Creation Has Come Out Of That Brahman; Yet That Whole (Brahman) Remains Whole Only. (Brahman Remains Unaffected, Retains His/Its Fullness And Completeness).
Om Mantra Heenam, Kriya Heenam, Bhakti Heenam Janaardana; Yat Poojitam Mayaa Deva, Pari Poornam Tadastu Me.
Oh Lord, I am weak in mantra, in action and in devotion; Yet, I know my humble attempt is accepted by Thy Grace.
Om Twameva Maata Schapita Twameva; Twameva Bandhu Sakha Twameva; Twaneva Vidya Dravinam Twameva; Twameva Sarvam Mama Deva Deva.
O’ Supreme One; You are my mother, You are my father,You are my kinsman; You are my friend; You are my knowledge (wisdom) You are My wealth (of strength, valor and power); You are my all, My God of Gods.
Aum Guror Brahma Guror Vishnu, Guror Devoh Maheshwara; Guror Saakshaat Para Brahma, Tasmai Shri Guruve Namaha.
I prostrate to that Shree Guru, Who is Himself Brahma, Vishnu, and God Maheshwara, and Who is verily the Supreme Absolute Itself.
Om Hari Om, Hari Om, Tat Sat, Hari Om.
O’ Divine Absolute Truth, Thou Art That.
Kolhapur Mahalakshmi enlarged immage can be viewed when you click on the picture
c

1 comment:

Mahesh said...

After chanting mahalakshmi stotram once a day with devotion has changed my entire life with wealth.