Saturday, December 13, 2008

Shridi Sai Baba


Shri Sadguru Sai Baba's Assurance to his devotees
No harm shall befall him, who steps on the soil of Shirdi.
He who cometh to my Samadhi, his sorrow and suffering shall cease.
Though I be no more in flesh and blood, I shall ever protect my devotees
Trust in me and your prayer shall be answered.
Know that my spirit is immortal, know this for yourself.
Show unto me he who has sought refuge and has been turned away.
In whatever faith men worship me, even so do I render to them.
Not in vain is my promise that I shall ever lighten your burden.
Knock, and the door shall open, ask and it shall be granted.
To him who surrenders unto me totally I shall be ever indebted.
Blessed is he who has become one with me.
There was a rich gentleman who was very prosperous in his life. He had amassed a large quantity of wealth, houses and lands and had many servants and dependents.
When Baba’s fame reached his ears he said to a friend of his that he was not inwant of anything, and so he would go to Shirdi and ask Baba to give him Brahma Gyan, which if he got, would certainly make him more happy. His friend dissuaded him, saying, ‘ It is not easy to know Brahman and especially for a avarice like you, who is always engrossed in wealth , wife and children. Who will in your quest of Brahma
Gyan will satisfy you, who does not give away even a paisa in charity
Not minding His friend’s advice, the fellow came to Shirdi, and after seeing Sai Baba fell at His lotus feet and said, “ Baba , hearing that , You show the Brahma to all who come to you, I too have come all the way from a distant place. I am much fatigued by the journey and if I get the Brahma- Gyan from you, my troubles will be Baba then replied,’’ Oh my dear friend do not be anxious, I shall show you the Brahma. Many people come to Me and ask for wealth, health, power, honor, position, cure of diseases and other temporal matters. Rare is the person who comes to me and asks for the Brahma Gyan. There is no dearth of persons asking for worldly things but persons interested in spiritual matters are very rare.I think it is a fortunate and an auspicious moment when persons like you come and ask me for Brahma Gyan. So forthwith I show to you the Brahma with all its accompaniments and complexities.”
paid and rewarded. Then Baba called a boy and told him to go to one Nandu Marawadi and get from him a loan of Rs.five.
The boy left and returned immediately saying that Nandu was absent and his house was locked. Then Baba asked him to go to the Bala grocer and get from him the said loan. This time also the boy was unsuccessful. This experiment was repeated again and again with the same result. Sai baba as we all know the living and moving Brahma incarnate. Then someone may ask, “ Why did He want the paltry sum of five rupees and why did He try hard to get it? Really He did not want the sum at all. He must have fully known that Nandu and Bala were absent, and He seemed to have adopted this procedure as a test for the seeker of Brahma. The gentleman had a roll or bundle of currency notes in his pocket and if he was really earnest he would not have sat quiet and be an onlooker when Baba was frantically trying to get a paltry sum of Rs. five. He knew that Baba would keep His word and repay the debt and the sum wanted was insignificant. Still he could not make up his mind to advance the sum. Such a man wanted from Baba the greatest thing in the world , the Brahma Gyan!
When the gentleman asked Baba to show Brahma gyan soon Baba replied,” Oh my dear friend did you not understand all the procedures that I went through, sitting in this place to enable you to see Brahma..” Baba told him that the first important thing to do to know the Brahma Gyan is to have the quality of Surrender. Baba further gave a long discourse to make the rich gentleman understand the qualification of a mumukshu or the seeker of Brahma Gyan.Moral -Unless one gets detached to his mortal possessions and thoroughly surrenders, one is not qualified to receive BrahmaGyan, The Knowledge of the Supreme. One should understand importance of humility, sacrifice and infinite love and cultivate these qualities by meditation to get the vision of the supreme.

No comments: